The BioLogic HR is a full-featured, gradient chromatography system specifically designed for the high resolution purification of proteins, peptides and other biomolecules where recovery of biological activity is of primary concern.
The BioLogic HR system is microprocessor controlled, with an easy-to-use graphic interface and menudriven software for manual operation, system setup, method editing and run operations. The flexible control architecture allows the seamless integration of a wide variety of configurations with other Bio-Rad and non-Bio-Rad components to meet your purification requirements.
The BioLogic System provides the following features:
- A space-saving modular and stackable design which minimizes the System footprint on the bench. The BioLogic Controller, Workstation and optional peripherals are linked by a single "instrument bus" cable in any configuration, making electrical connections simple and fast.
- Control software specifically designed for the bio-chromatographer. The pre-loaded, dedicated software is based on the easy-to-use Windows platform and is designed for multiple users in the laboratory. Programming separation methods is menu-driven, easy and intuitive using either Time-based or Volume-based steps. Method storage capacity is virtually unlimited.
- On-screen help function.
- Single-point control of chart recorders, fraction collectors, signal import modules and auxiliary pumps (e.g. peristaltic pumps) for sample loading.
- Binary gradient formation by two dual piston, low-pulsation pump heads which operate up to a maximum pressure of 1000 psi at flow-rates up to 10 ml/min. This permits the use of a wide range of both preparative and analytical columns.
- Dynamic mixing for accurate and reproducible gradient formation.
- The use of biocompatible materials throughout the flowpath to ensure maximum recovery of biological activity.
- Standard high resolution optics unit (mercury lamp) for fixed wavelength (280nm and 254nm) detection and a choice of preparative or analytical flow-cells. A zinc lamp and filter combination for 214nm detection is optional.
- Standard conductivity cell to monitor gradient formation.
- Simple-to-sophisticated Fraction Collection schemes are standard. Collection is volume-based with Collect All, Collection Windows, Threshold and Threshold + Collection Window modes available with a range of collector types.
- 3 ports to accommodate a range of low pressure solenoid divert and buffer select valves.
- 3 ports to accommodate a range of high pressure, automated stream select and sample injection valves.
- Sufficient tray space on the basic System Rack to hold a Model 2110 Fraction Collector or a Model 1327 Chart Recorder (not included). Additional rack components are available to make a three-tray configuration.
- Standard column clamping arrangement to eliminate rack clutter.
- Available manual inject valve with position-sensing switch to satisfy Hold conditions programmed in a Method.
- Water-resistant integrated mini-keyboard designed for the laboratory.
This system also includes fraction collector #26474 and computer #28302A with software.
Separate peristaltic pump available at additional cost
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or original manufacturer's brochure. Images, specifications and description refer to the item as it was when new. Right-click to open the PDF in a new window or download it: http://www.labequip.com/stock/pictures/26686a.pdf