With 120mm magnifying glass with top light (as well as bottom light). Includes Indelible fibre marker.
Counting colonies with the unaided eye is a slow, tedious, and sight-damaging task. IUL's colony counter eases and quickens this process through the use of LED lighting and a high quality magnifying glass. Any microbiology lab involved in colony enumeration will find this tool to be absolutely vital. Petri plates are inserted inside the colony counter where they are properly lit and magnified. Operators can tick detected colonies with a specifically devised marker, meanwhile a digital display will increase the total counts. Pointers that can directly contact colonies are also available.
- High Quality Magnification: IUL's DOT Colony Counter has a large 200 mm diameter lens with a DINx2 magnification power.
- Pointer Technology: Colonies are counted by directly touching these with a pointer or by marking them on the Petri dish with a felt tip pen.
- Adapted for any plate: Multiple adapters are available 60 mm, 70 mm, 80 mm, 90 mm,100 mm, 120 mm, and 150 mm.
- Send colony counts to PC applications through USB: Colony counts can be sent to PC applications such as a spreadsheet. Results are sent as standard PC keyboard keystrokes.
- Lightning scalable intensities: Bottom light, 4 selectable intensities, On/Off switching powered from the instrument. Upper light, On/Off switching powered from the instrument.
Counter: 4 digits, 9 mm LED-Display. Maximum count 9999
Inputs: Clickable permanent marker/ Stainless contact pointer (optional).
Outputs: USB Human Interface Device (HID) emulating standard PC keyboard output receivable by PC running keyboard compatible applications (Microsoft Windows).
USB Virtual COM port (VCP) reserved for IUL, S.A. Technical Service purposes.
Upper light power (12V DC, 500mA).
Magnifying glasses: Biconvex, 120mm diameter, 4 Diopters, DIN x 2
Lightning: Bottom light, 4 selectable intensities, On/Off switching powered from the instrument.
60 mm centering device
80 mm centering device
100 mm centering device
120 mm centering device
150 mm centering device
Mixed grid 1/16 cm2
Mixed reticule 1/9 cm2
Clickable permanent marker
Stainless contact pointer
Indelible fibre marker (replacement)
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or manufacturer's brochure. Click to open the PDF in a new window or right-click to download it: IUL With Top and Bottom Light Manual Colony Counter
or copy the following into your browser address window: labequip.com/stock/pictures/n1616.pdf
Made in Spain.
This item ships from Farmingdale, NY.