The Koehler KV5000 series kinematic viscosity baths with the optical flow detection system provides automatic viscosity measurements of petroleum and petrochemical products. Includes communication and power ports for each optical detection assembly, and can utilize up to five optical assemblies. Two additional positions are available for manual viscosity measurements, and all positions can be used in the manual mode. The interchangeable Ubbelohde, Cannon Fenske, and Reverse Flow viscometer tubes are quickly installed and removed from the detection assemblies for cleaning and simple tube changes. Allows automatic viscosity measurements and results calculation without an external PC. Motorized stirrer provides complete circulation without turbulence. Microprocessor PID circuitry assures precise, reliable temperature control within ASTM specified tolerances throughout the operating range. Simple push-button controls and dual digital displays permit easy setting and monitoring of temperature. Two place calibration offset capability is provided. Built-in cooling coil facilitates temperature control at ambient or below ambient temperatures.
Software automatically downloads test data and calculates final test results from sample efflux times. Also included is a database for storing test data, determining test averages, standard deviations, and ASTM test repeatability as well as providing a method for tracking both instrument and viscometer tube calibrations.
- Complete instrument and data acquisition system exclusively designed for conducting D445, IP71 and related test methods
- Optical sensor detection system accurately measures sample flow and automatically calculates kinematic viscosity results
- Powerful software system for PC platforms operating in Windows98 SE, 2000, NT, ME, and XP environments
- Option wireless data acquisition package available
- Automatic calculation and display of results in viscosity units or seconds
- Accommodates Ubbelohde, Cannon Fenske, and Reverse Flow viscometers
- High accuracy temperature control with dual digital displays show setpoint and actual bath temperature with selectable scale (°C or °F)
- Stand alone feature provides for automated testing without an external PC
- Integrated redundant overtemperature and low liquid level cut-off circuitry
- Software exports test data with graphs and test parameters direct to Microsoft®Excel or in ASCII file format for use with LIMS or any other spreadsheet program
- Integrated digital timing for easy measurement of sample efflux times
Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D445, D2170, D6074, D6158; IP 71, 319; ISO 3104; DIN 51550; FTM 791-305; NF T 60-100
Temperature range: Ambient to 150°C (302°F); sub-ambient to 10°C with external cooling
Temperature display: digital with 0.1 °C/°F resolution, calibrate to 0.01 °C/°F
Temperature control accuracy and uniformity: Exceeds ASTM requirements
*** THIS PRICE IS FOR THE 12" BATH. AN 18" BATH IS ALSO AVAILABLE AT ADDITIONAL COST ***
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or manufacturer's brochure. Click to open the PDF in a new window or right-click to download it: Koehler K23702-OS / K23792-OS (KV5000) Viscosity Bath
or copy the following into your browser address window: labequip.com/stock/pictures/n876.pdf
Made in USA.
This item ships from Bohemia, NY.